Today is Apple Day and it has nothing to do with iPads or iPhones. This day is dedicated to that crunchiest of fruits that do their best to keep the doctor away. From Orange Pippins to Granny Smiths here at Cocoa Antics we decided to celebrate by releasing our own apple inspired chocolaty treat
This apple-chocolate stirrer is inspired by that most autumnal of treats; the toffee apple, with caramel coated apple chunks surrounded by smooth chocolate.
How about some apple facts?
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- Archeologists have found evidence that humans have been enjoying apples since at least 6500 B.C.
- The apple tree originated in an area between the Caspian and the Black Sea.The old saying “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away” comes from am old English adage, “To eat an apple before going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread.”
- Pink Lady v the British apple (bbc.co.uk)
- Apple Day: luscious apple recipes to try at home (telegraph.co.uk)
- Apple Day (discoverykindergarten.wordpress.com)
- Picture gallery: Apple Day fun at Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse (edp24.co.uk)